Drayage - Intermodal
Landstar Global Logistics is a licensed customs broker with access to a network of worldwide providers who are well versed in the local rules and regulations of import/export compliance.
As a Landstar agency, we can provide our customers with the following U.S. customs broker services:
- Arrangement of Customs Surety Bonds - single entry or continuous
- Consultation on import processes and commodity classification
- ISF filing
- Partner government agencies (FDA, USDA, etc.) clearance coordination
- Advance payment of ocean freight charges and import duties
If you need help with your document preparation/coordination, shipment entry and customs clearance for your international freight, GORILLA FREIGHT, LLC can help.
According to the Intermodal Association of North America, drayage can be split into the following categories:
- Inter-carrier drayage – The movement of units over a short distance between different carriers, such as with trucking and railroad stations.
- Expedited drayage – Units are transported over-the-road in a quick and efficient manner for time-sensitive material goods.
- Intra-carrier drayage – Similar to that of inter-carrier, intra-carrier takes freight from a rail hub to an intermodal hub, all controlled by the same carrier.
- Door-to-door drayage – Retail units are taken to a customer through roadways.
- Shuttle drayage – An intermodal unit is temporarily taken to a parking lot from its hub of origin, with this method being used for both loaded and empty units when overcrowding in the hub occurs.
- Pier drayage – Utilizing roadways, takes an intermodal unit to a dock or pier from a previous rail hub.